Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Boxing Day CX

Since the state races a few weeks ago, I've taken a nice 10 day break off the bike, and since then have ridden some easy miles to just get back into the swing of things. I decided to do the post-Christmas races this year because we will be in town, mostly just for fun and some good tempo. Plus next season will go into January, so I will have to be riding at this time next year.

It was nice to have the race pretty close to home. I got in a nice 1 hour spin to get to the course. Not too many people came out for the race. There were two of us, just Chris Hershey and I in the open, plus 5 more doing the cat 3 race. It was pretty cold, but the sun was warm and the wind was not too bad. The course was pretty short. I turned 4.5 minute laps for the first two, so we ended up doing 10 laps in under 50 minutes. The course was also pretty bumpy. Nothing too technical. I think it would have been a pretty challenging course if there were snow as there were several 180's and a handful of off-camber turns, but in the grass it hooked up well.

A couple more local races to ride to and race coming up this weekend. Sounds like a good run up on Friday!

Cold enough for shoe covers?

Catching some air off of the berm at the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment