Thursday, April 21, 2011

Tour Of StL Weekend

Yup, it's Thursday, so i'll keep this brief:

Went to the Tour of St. Louis last weekend with Teammate Brian. We were joined on Sat by Cale and Jim from Springfield, and JB on Sunday.

Sat:
Circuit race - cold and windy. After racing in 90+ degree tempuratures at Hermann, 45 and 20+ mph winds felt really cold. Highlights of the race: I took of at the start like it was a cross race, then I realized it wasn't a cross race. Things got all goofy, and we ended up all missing out on the first split of the group. Then there were some more splits. I ended up in the 2nd chase group racing for 13th. I pulled alot and Jim got a prime and 13th. BB got the other prime. Rough, but still in the $, so I guess that was good.

TT - Had a funky cough and some really irritated eyes from allergys. Still windy, but less cold. I got all aero and rolled to 8th place out of 16. BB was my minute man, and I totally out sprinted him meters before the finish like a real teammate.

Had an excellent team dinner.

Sun:
Had an excellent team breakfast. Then went for a nice AM spin.

Crit - Pretty straightforward course, a big rectangle with some bad pavement on the backside. A bit of wind, but much warmer than the day before. I tried to get into a few good looking moves but nothing stuck. Finally Brad Huff and Joe Schmalz started racing and rode the rest of us off of their wheels. Jim lost a contact and had to sit out a lap. Last lap and all the St. Johns guys were in it. I tried to go drive the pace to setup BB - but ended up getting him all boxed in and put myself a bike length off the front. Oops. Still ended up with 9th, 13th, 14th, 19th.

Looking forward to more in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment