Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Epic Holiday CX

The Epic race was moved to Parkville this year. I rode out to the course, about a 25 mile warmup.

It was another windy day with strong winds off of the river. The course was flat but featured a lot of 180 degree turns, some slippery mud, a short sand pit that was easily rideable, and the boat landing that featured a little more sand.

Another race with fairly short laps, I think that we did 10 in around 46 minutes. Shadd and I got separated from the field very quickly and we battled back and forth quite a bit. Shadd was navigating all the turns and obstacles  better than I was, and we traded leads and little gaps back and forth. I finally was able to take the lead for good with about 3 laps to go. I got a gap just past the barriers, then was able to stretch it just a little bit on the long open section through the finish line and around the first part of the lap.

One more race on the calender before I go into full road training mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment