Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Grote Prijs Shawnee

The final CX race of the year was a cold one. The day looked like this: a little dusting of snow on the ground, some strong winds and temperatures below freezing. It was a pretty fun compact course that looped back on itself several times, but it was not terribly slick.

I had been struck by a stomach bug for several days prior to this race, but decided to come out and work on bike handling. I guessed I would be racing for second since Shadd is really good in the snow, but it turns out
Joe Schmalz and Chris Wallace came out to make things really interesting. The start was fairly fast and I sat in behind Joe, Shadd, and Chris. It was evident that Joe was still flying coming off of his Euro CX camp racing. Shadd went with him and Chris and I were left to fight for 3rd.

I think that Chris bobbled a bit about halfway through and I was on my own the rest of the way. I ended up third overall for the series as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment